Friday, May 4, 2012

A winner is you


The website DiscoverLA, run by the city's Tourism and Convention Board, ran a Twitter contest throughout "Play Me, I'm Yours" to see who can Tweet the most pictures of pianos with the #PMIYinLA hashtag by May 3.

I didn't even know of this contest until 2/3 of the way through the street piano run. And my impetus to play all 30 pianos had nothing to do with winning a contest. But, in the name of fun, why not play? I asked the @DiscoverLA Twitter account if it was cool to Tweet a link to my Flickr page with pics of the 30 pianos, and they said yes. So...

...I won!

I felt a little guilty, having  been sort-of visible through the process, and asked if I was the only one who played all 30. They confirmed I was. Certainly I wasn't the only person in town who played all 30, as pianist Mikael Oganes' YouTube video shows, but I guess I was the only one who did who entered in the contest.

The grand prize? Season tickets to the L.A. Chamber Orchestra's 2012-2013 Season!

As good as I was at reaching all of the Los Angeles street pianos, I don't think I'll be able to attend all of the LACO's shows. I've met a lot of cool people along this journey, so I told them that I'll share my prize and give some of the tickets to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment