Tuesday, May 15, 2012

D.C. al Fine

"Play Me, I'm Yours" is now history, but the effect of the street pianos will linger on in this city for a while to come. With events like this, as well as other public activities like CicLAvia and our many festivals in town, it's one of the sure signs of Los Angeles' maturity as a city.

Having played music at all 30 of the pianos in this installation, and most importantly, in different communities, I felt almost like a tourist in my own hometown, visiting 30 temporary attractions. Most importantly, through both playing and listening to these things, it gave me a chance to interact with people whom I wouldn't get a chance to do otherwise. What a wonderful thing this was. Thank you very much to  Luke Jerram for your concept, and thank you, L.A. Chamber Orchestra for bringing that concept to the City of the Angels.

In this City of Angels, the angels don't play harps...we play pianos.

No comments:

Post a Comment