Thursday, April 26, 2012

A little electronic fun at Union Station





I returned to the Union Station street piano tonight with an idea: Artist that I am, I want to push the boundaries of street piano playing. So I bought my laptop (playing Propellerhead Reason 6 software) and a boom box (as an amp) to the piano there and played some live house/techno music to all the travelers passing through the station at around 10 p.m. on Thursday night.

We had a nice crowd, my friend Don came by and helped shoot this video. The constant waves of train commuters passing by make this a wonderful street piano performance space. Even I as a rider get a nice lift listening to someone else play on the piano while I catch my next train - even for just a few seconds.

A passer-by, Hyeran Lee,  jumped on the upper octaves to jam along, before she had to run and catch her Metro Gold Line train. This is what "Play Me, I'm Yours" is all about!

Later I played a TR-808 drum machine drum patter from the laptop and played Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing":

No comments:

Post a Comment