Tuesday, April 24, 2012

15: One Colorado, Pasadena


15: One Colorado, Pasadena
Designed by: 
Gino Gaspara, Armory Center for the Arts
Piano type: Full upright
Playability: Good (With one bad buzzing "F" key)
Weather: 60°F, overcast
How I got here: Car

The halfway mark! Take two for the street piano at One Colorado in Old Town Pasadena - this time it's uncovered for all to play. Aside from a few passers-by, a woman who complimented my music and a couple who sat in a nearby bench that applauded me when I was done, there weren't many people there, but I didn't care.

I played some Joe Jackson, Michael Jackson, John Legend, Stevie Wonder and a few improv tunes, even composed a couple songs on the spot. It felt kinda meditative. I could have played all night if I wanted to.

This older upright seemed to show its age, though it was pretty much in tune and the action was good save for the middle "F" which had triggered a buzzing sound when the hammers hit the strings.

I played Joe Jackson's "Breaking Us In Two":





I was able to drive home, but my car's engine acted up again. I stuck to surface streets all the way, and the engine went in and out of normal mode. I gotta get that thing fixed for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment